Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Converse Job - I'm With Basketball: New Orleans


From Christmas to New Year's Eve, I went to New Orleans along with writer Will Steacy and filmmaker Andrew Gallery (my brother) to document the love for basketball on assignment for Converse. It was a challenging yet highly enjoyable job which lead to this booklet, which was given out at the 2008 NBA All-Star game in New Orleans.

In fact, this was the perfect job. To be able to earn a living photographing the type of assignment that really moves you, motivates you, and makes you feel alive, is a dream come true. Big thanks to Elizabeth Bruneau, and Stan & the whole Anomaly NYC team.

(Click the photo to see a larger version)

2 comments:

James Martin said...

I love the work, I recently got my first look at it in the new Slam magazine. I run TheConverseBlog.com, and I just wanted to say great job!

Jonathan said...

I subscribe to Slam magazine, which just ran a special edition with an entire section devoted to Converse, and this advertisement booklet "I'm with Basketball" was in it.

Great work. It was a very unexpected and emotional moment to see one of my courts, Lawrence Square which was the inside cover spread of the pamphlet, in a magazine. I've only seen that court twice since the storm (Katrina), and haven't played their since. It was really emotional, thank you sir for the phenomenal photographs. It really took me home for a few minutes.