Thursday, March 09, 2006

Carnival Day 1

This year I didn't even feel like going to carnival. I think it was because I was in india for a while and felt like I had a lot to do in NYC. But as soon as I got on the plane and saw two flight attendants I knew, I was smiling & happy that I was returning "home" (as Trinis say). My 2 flight attendant friends got me drunk on the plane which made it much more fun. When I landed Rowdy wasn't there yet to pick me up so I went by the bar at the airport to get a Stag (beer). the weather was perfect and of course someone knew me and I started limin' (hanging out) with her & her crew. They all assumed I was a first time tourist to TNT, it's funny that I actually am part owner/producer of the carnival band they were plating mas in. Who would have thought 9 years ago when I first played mas that I'd be shaping the face of it.

No comments: